Thank you for choosing Curastory, which allows creators the opportunity to create, share and monetize videos. Curastory Inc. (“Curastory,” “we,” “us,” and “our”) wants to ensure that you enjoy our service today, tomorrow and in the future. Your privacy and the security of your personal data is, and will always be, enormously important to us.
If you have any questions about your privacy or our privacy practices, please see the “How to contact us” section below for information on how to contact us.
2. Information We Collect
a) Information you provide to us
We collect information from and about you directly when you provide it to us. This information may be collected when you contact us, fill out a form, access or participate on our Website or Apps, respond to surveys, or otherwise interact with us, such as through social media or networking sites. This information may include:
- Contact information, such as your name, title, phone number, organization or employer, job title, work sector, physical address, and e-mail address;
- Information you submit to us when you make an account;
- Additional information you choose to provide to us, such as a profile photo, biography and brand sponsorship;
- The content you create and share when you use our Services, which may contain Your Data;
- Comments, questions, and requests you may make;
- Information about your preferences, such as your preferred methods of communication and the types of information in which you are interested;
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us; and
- Any other information you voluntarily provide.
b) Information we collect automatically
Like most online services, we automatically receive standard technical information when you use the Website and App. We collect this information through browser cookies, pixel tags, web server logs, web beacons, embedded scripts, and similar technologies. These features enable us to personalize your experience using our Website and Apps, understand how you use them, and improve and further develop our Services. We collect this information as follows:
- Pixel Tags: Certain websites contain electronic images known as pixel tags (also called web beacons or gifs) that we use to help deliver and recognize cookies on our Website, count users who have visited those sites, and gather usage and performance data. We also include pixels in our emails to tell if you open and act on them.
- Embedded Scripts: An embedded script is programming code that is designed to collect information about your interactions with the Website, such as the links you click on. The code is temporarily downloaded onto your device from our web server or a third-party service provider, is active only while you are connected to the Website, and is deactivated or deleted thereafter.
- Log files: Like most standard website servers we use log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the site, track user’s movement in the aggregate, and gather broad demographic information for aggregate use. IP addresses etc. are tied to personally identifiable information to enable our web-based service.
- Device information: We collect information about the device you use to access or use the Website and Apps, including the hardware model, operating system and version, unique device identifiers, network information, and information about your use of our applications.
- Geolocation information: We may automatically collect geolocation information from your device, your wireless carrier, or certain third-party service providers (“Geolocation Information”). You may control the collection of Geolocation Information through the user settings on your device. You may decline to allow us to collect such Geolocation Information, in which case we may not be able to provide certain services to you.
c) Information we collect from other sources, including our social media pages
If you connect to the Services using credentials from social media services such as Facebook or Google (“Social Media Services”), we will have access to certain information from that Social Media Service, such as your name, email address, advertising metrics, account and content analytics in accordance with the authorization procedures determined by such Social Media Service.
d) Information we collect through third-party data and analytics providers
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics and https://segment.com. Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the Website and Apps.
e) Tracking data
We collect tracking data using first and third-party cookies, pixels, web server logs, web beacons, and similar data collection and tracking technologies on the Website, Apps, third party websites, apps and online services, and across your devices (such as IP address, browser, type, ISP, platform type, device type). Third parties such as advertising networks and analytics providers may also collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites and devices when you access or use the Website and Apps.
3. How We Use Your Data
We use Your Data to provide the Services to you, and to operate our business. This includes:
- Service-related usage: We use Your Data to provide and support the Website and Apps, such as communicating with you and other users, providing our Services, informing you about our work, processing your requests, and maintaining our systems.
- Analyzing and improving our Services: We may run calculations, aggregate, normalize, clean, enhance, and make derivative works of the information obtained about you in order to:
- Understand and analyze usage trends and preferences;
- Monitor and analyze the effectiveness of the Website and Apps;
- Improve the Services and develop new products, services, features, and functionalities; and
- Test the Website, Apps, and our infrastructure, to make sure they are working correctly.
- Marketing: If you enter your contact information on the Website or Apps and opt-in to receive electronic marketing communications from us, we may provide you with materials that could be useful, relevant, valuable, or otherwise of interest to you, such as our newsletter, and updates about services and products offered by us. We will not send you marketing emails if you have not signed up for this, and you can unsubscribe from receiving such emails at any time by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of all our marketing emails. You will continue to receive other non-promotional correspondence, such as your account or our ongoing business relations with you.
- Advertising: Curastory, its business partners, and advertising/marketing companies may use Your Data to tailor, analyze, manage, report and optimize advertising you see on the Website, App, and on other sites and apps that you access and/or use through your devices. By accessing and using the Website and Apps, you consent to the processing of Your Data for these purposes.
4. How We Share Your Data
a) To assist us in running our business and providing services to you
We may employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf, such as website hosting, data analysis and enhancement, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, and email delivery. Curastory thus may reveal user data to third parties including third-party affiliates, our sales representatives, and business partners that may require information to invoice for a product purchased through our Website or App. Additionally, we may use third-party credit card processing companies to bill users for goods and services. These other companies will have access to Your Data only as necessary to perform their functions and to the extent permitted by law.
b) To better understand and serve our users
In an ongoing effort to better understand our users, we might analyze Your Data in aggregate form in order to operate, maintain, manage, and improve our Services. This aggregate information does not identify you personally. We may share this aggregate data with our affiliates, agents, and business partners. We may also disclose aggregated user statistics in order to describe our products and services to current and prospective business partners and to other third parties for other lawful purposes.
c) For advertising and marketing purposes
We may also work with third-party social media sites, such as Facebook, Google, and other media platforms, to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign, unless you notify us that you prefer not to have information about you used in this way. For more information about how you can opt out of customized campaigns, please see “Your Choices” below.
d) As part of a business transfer
Your Data may be disclosed as part of a corporate business transaction, such as a merger, acquisition, joint venture, or financing or sale of company assets, including bankruptcy proceedings, and could be transferred to a third party as one of the business assets in such a transaction. It may also be disclosed in the event of insolvency, bankruptcy or receivership. As we grow and develop our business, we might share Your Data with other organizations we join, merge with, or in other forms cooperate with.
e) For legal purposes
To the extent permitted by law, we may also disclose Your Data when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency, or whenever we believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Curastory or others.
5. Children’s Privacy
6. External Websites and Payment Service Providers
We take commercially reasonable steps to protect Your Data from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please understand, however, that no security system is impenetrable. We cannot guarantee the security of our databases, nor can we guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from us over the Internet. In particular, e-mail may not be secure, and you should therefore take special care in deciding what information you send to us via e-mail.
8. Your Choices
a) Deletion of Information
If you would like us to delete any or all information, please email us at email@example.com. To the extent compatible with our legal or regulatory record keeping requirements, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to process such requests in a timely manner.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. If you prefer, you can usually choose to set your browser to remove or reject browser cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of the Website.
c) Promotional Communications
You may opt out of receiving promotional communications from us by following the instructions in those communications or by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that you cannot opt out of receiving transactional e-mails related to your orders.
9. Do Not Track
As discussed above, third parties such as advertising networks and analytics providers may collect information about your online activities over time and across different websites when you access or use the Website or Apps. Currently, various browsers offer a “Do Not Track” option, but there is no standard for commercial websites. At this time, we do not monitor, recognize, or honor any opt-out or do not track mechanisms, including general web browser “Do Not Track” settings and/or signals.
10. Notice to California Residents
Pursuant to California’s “Shine the Light” law (Civil Code Section § 1798.83), California residents have the right to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes, including the names and addresses of those third parties, and examples of the types of services or products marketed by those third parties. To make such a request, please send an email to email@example.com.
11. Notice to Nevada Residents
If you are a resident of Nevada, you have the right to opt-out of the sale of personal information to third parties. You can exercise this right by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Nevada Do Not Sell Request” and providing us with your name and the email address associated with your account.
12. Notice to All Non-U.S. Residents
13. How to Contact Us
223 Bedford Avenue PMB #774
Brooklyn, NY 11211